Hope everyone had a safe and joyful holiday! Over the past few weeks our team has been working hard to polish the app and get it ready for feature releases that are coming in 2021.
We’re kicking off the new year with our latest release, which contains visual UI improvements and lots of under the hood improvements for our upcoming releases. Here is a quick summary of major improvements in this week’s update to help you and your team gear up for 2021.
Daily Standup View
Commits Counts on Sprint Timeline
We added a new commit counter on the sprint timeline view that helps engineering managers see how many commits have been added to a branch, before it moves its’ way into a Pull Request. This helps teams easily understand if work has been started on a task, at a quick glance, during daily standup.
Increased Sprints and Backlog Width
Based on the community’s user feedback and better support for smaller screen sizes, we have increased our backlog and sprint column width so users have more room to work with when moving tasks and viewing their details.
Disconnect Slack and Github Profiles
We added a disconnect button to the profile section on the integrations page. You can easily disconnect your Slack profile and connect a new one by clicking on the button.
💡 Tip: Just a note that the Slack app works with one workspace and one Tara profile, at a time. If you would like to connect the Slack app to another workspace, you will need to use a different email.
- Fixed an issue where new requirements didn’t trigger a notification in Slack
- Fixed an issue where Add Task modal inside Slack would timeout
- Updated our signup and login page with new welcome images
- Improved overall performance of the Slack app
- Optimized our text editor toolbar to respond blazingly fast to styling changes by memoizing as much as possible and removing heavy duty functions
- Updated the Sprint Completed notification on Slack to include PR’s Completed
- Several backend changes to support game changing features to be shipped Q1 2021
2020 was a year of challenge for everyone, but we believe that the hardship posed by this pandemic has given way to new opportunities for 2021. 2020 marked a major leap forward for Tara, and in 2021 we are committed to putting the same spirit of collaboration to work and continuously shipping features to help teams stay aligned + overcome challenges of remote work.
Tune in next week for another release announcement!